Obviously I love to cook but there have been days when I get home lately that I plop myself on the couch and do not want to get up until I go to bed. Rarely do I ever actually get to do this, but I am sure you all know the feeling. I do wish though that I could know in advance when those days will occur so I can be prepared for dinner in the crock pot. This is an easy side dish that only takes a few minutes to prepare!
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 pound small red potatoes if you use large - cut them in half
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- chives for garnish
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice potatoes.
- In large mixing bowl, add sour cream, can of potato soup, Worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard. Mix together and add in potatoes until they are well coated.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray (this helps so the cheese won't burn on the edges when added). Spoon 1/2 potato mixture into crock pot, then top with half of each cheese. Repeat next layer with remaining potatoes and cheeses.
- Cook on high 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours or 7-8 hours on low.
- Top with a sprinkle of paprika and chives.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest @easyrecipesfromhome for more easy recipes!
Menu this Week
Pork Chops Smothered in Beer, Bacon, Onion Relish (preparing for April’s Beer Month)
Sesame Soba Noodles & Asian Meatballs
Comments & Reviews
This looks heavenly!! Keep working on these crockpot recipes. I have found making these kind of dinners ensures that we get to eat a home cooked meal when melt downs occur around dinner time just before dad gets home. But seriously. This is a recipe I have been wanting. And my mom loves the sesame honey one you did a bit ago. So thanks all around!!! Wish I had more time to cook. Enjoy it now while you are able!
Sophia @ NY Foodgasm says
This looks AMAZING Lauren, sooooo glad to see you back to your foodie self!
Lauren Brown says
Love the blog and recipes! Will be making these next week:) oh, and congrats again on the lil man! It’ll change your life and you’ll love him more than you already think you do!!
Thanks Lauren I am sooo excited! Let me know what you think of these! This recipe is a favorite for my readers!